I am so behind! That is the story of my life these days... er the last 18 months that is.
That's right~ it has officially been 18 months since D-day (Oh wait! It's been 18 months and ummm ~ 6 days... did I mention I am behind?).
Anyh0o, I just wanted to do a quick post just in case you missed me :) BAHAHAHAHAHA!
1. I volunteered to help during the JDRF Walk in Lakeland this past weekend. The Ack pack just walked a few weeks ago at the walk in Tampa, so I gave of my time instead.
Now you would think that most of the wonderful peeps volunteering their time would have great knowledge of what they are volunteering for right? NOPE!
There was this church group (God luv em!). Bigger fellows if you will :)
I am standing beside them at the check in table. They are chatting. One of then says "I don't understand why they would have all those donuts here. It's all that sugar that caused this anyways".
OH GOOD HELL!!
I think my eyes popped out of my head. Did I say something? DAMN SURE DID!
Me~ Actually sugar doesn't cause it at all.
The guy who actually said it and needed to listen walked away. However, one guy did stay and chat with me for a good 15 min. I appreciated that and I can only hope that he went back and smacked the other guy upside the head :)
I went through the whole spiel... autoimmune vs metabolism... does not make insulin vs does make insulin and does not utilize it properly... my son CAN and DOES have the occasional donut. You know the speech.
The guy that listened to my mini vent was super nice. I apologized for jumping into his conversation, but explained how the mix up between the 2 types is rather agitating to us T1 parents. Let's face it... we have enough issues without being judged (at least I do).
Other than that... it was interesting. I greeted lots of people. Passed out lots of burgers and called it a day :)
2. Yesterday I had an Endo appt. Nothing exciting. He thinks were doing good. Justin's a1c has consistently been creeping up... it is now 6.9 (not bad, but I don't like the rising trend).
He says that our higher numbers lately are more typical of a diabetic and that the lows are still honeymoon stage. When does the Honeymoon end? He did not change any of his dosage.
That was that!
3. I have not been able to find out any info about the art teacher. But I will say she has been disgustingly nice??? I am not a big fan of such nonsense!!!
4. I am ready to give away (for free) one 10 year old with a bitchy PMS type of attitude.
Please leave your name and address and I will overnight her immediately :) NO RETURNS PLEASE!
5. I LOST 7 POUNDS!!!!
6. I took me 4 days to recover from day 1 of 30 day shred. I just did day 2 yesterday. My body doesn't hurt AS BAD this time... I might try again today :)
7. I fell asleep in front of my laptop and missed Sunday chat :( That does not make me happy.
I feel out of the loop and sad.
I think that's about it...
My house was clean yesterday and today it looks like a tornado blew through. I guess I better get motivated to clean up the aftermath.